The unregistered sale of securities is illegal, but for a company qualifying for an offering exemption at the state and federal levels. The securities laws
If you are having trouble navigating the complex world of business startups, growth or financing, we can provide clarity and guidance every step of the way. Let's talk.
Helping Diverse Entrepreneurs, Small Businesses and Investment Funds Launch, Capitalize and Thrive In A Changing World
When working with The Coleman Law Firm, clients receive:
Friendly, warm and personal attention directly from the firm's Founder and CEO, Bernard H. Coleman, Jr., a Harvard College and University of Virginia School of Law graduate with over 24 years of experience.
Sophisticated corporate and securities transaction counsel built upon decades of big law firm experience delivered at affordable and flexible rates.
Prompt and timely returned calls and emails to address pressing client needs even outside of normal business hours, including late evenings, holidays and weekends.
An optimistic, dedicated, ethical and creative problem-solver and trusted advisor.
Over 24 Years of Complex Business Transactional Experience
- Representation of fast growth technology company in securing $12,125,000 in venture capital financing
- Representation of healthcare company in sale of all its issued and outstanding capital stock for $30,000,000
- Representation of restaurant entrepreneur in securing $1,000,000 in private placement offering to facilitate new restaurant opening
- Representation of blockchain technology company in structuring and organizing $8,000,000 security token offering
- Representation of financial services company in securities offering valued at $1,000,000,000
- Representation of investor group investing in Multi-Million Dollar Venture Capital Fund
- Representation of residential treatment facility in sale of company for $750,000
- Representation of healthcare technology company in acquisition of domestic and international divisions for $20,000,000
- Representation of a publicly-traded manufacturing company in sale of joint venture interest for $62,000,000
- Representation of film producer in $13,000,000 capital raise for feature film
- Representation of professional athlete in negotiation of national endorsement deal with major shoe manufacturer
Recent Blog Posts
When entrepreneurs start companies and need funding, they may not have direct relationships with high net worth family and friends who can fund their business
Whenever entrepreneurs offer equity in their companies to investors, state and federal anti-fraud laws apply (whether they know it or not). Unfortunately, anti-fraud laws are