Creating Big Opportunities for Small Business Development
The Coleman Law Firm is proud to advocate for the development and success of small businesses, including women-owned small businesses, service-disabled small business owners, small-disadvantaged businesses, and historically underutilized business zone or HUB Zone businesses. In addition to our general business counsel, we also counsel entrepreneurs and small companies on how to become eligible for federal government contracts and on strategies for obtaining them.
The U.S. government is the world’s largest buyer of products and services, and many small businesses often miss valuable opportunities to generate substantial revenues from them. U.S. government contracts can be an important way to grow a small business into a more profitable and impactful one.
We counsel and advise our small business clients on how to identify, approach and win government contracts and take advantage of
small business preferences, including:
- Company structure guidance as it relates to Small Business Administration programs
- New vendor company registrations
- Market research to identify potential joint venturers and subcontract opportunities
- Subcontracts and joint venture agreements
- Mentor-Protégé Program participation
- Teaming Agreements
- Vendor and supplier agreements
- Set-aside contract opportunities
- 8(a) certification assistance
- Minority supplier diversity programs
- Financing transactions, including securities offerings, crowdfunding and factoring